» GPX 5000 4 sale--SOLD SOLD
Wed 05 Apr 2017, 7:25 am by oneday

Pilbara Prospecting Supplies Karratha
Troy Oz Gold Safaris

$10,700 bulldozer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

$10,700 bulldozer

Post by oneday on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 4:01 pm

as I have stated befor ,I don't know why u would want to treat an expensive piece of gear as some sort of bulldozer without a pushing blade and making the coil do something its not primarily designed to do. The skid plate is designed to protect the expensive coil not to move rocks that are in a persons way....fair dinkum.

That's why some bloke designed a pick and others keep redesigning the pick. if people are too bloody lazy to first scrape the ground with their pick then god help them coz Minelab wont.

some one was complaining about the top shaft coming loose and the top clamp not doing its job effectively in the heat--I haven't had this problem with the machine I am using. Give it time. Maybe foreign matter or dirt has effected the performance of the clamp--who knows, but will keep an eye on it. Non of my customers have told me about the so called slippage. I have had the 7k out in 45'c heat and no problem--that was early in the peace.

regards
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: $10,700 bulldozer

Post by k town swinger on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 6:43 pm

Ray my top clamp is not holding the shaft tight and hasn, t done since new so it maybe a problem with the manufacturing.

k town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by norwest gold on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 9:45 pm

the only problem I have had with the zed is the adjustable armrest locking device keeps popping up thing drives me round the twist, i just keep pushing it down and keep on working
norwest gold

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 3:36 am

Mick send it back to Reeds were u brought the machine from and get him to sort it for u..

regards
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nightjar on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 7:02 am

oneday wrote:as I have stated befor ,I don't know why u would want to treat an expensive piece of gear as some sort of bulldozer without a pushing blade and making the coil do something its not primarily designed to do. The skid plate is designed to protect the expensive coil not to move rocks that are in a persons way....fair dinkum.

regards
oneday

Agreed Ray, Feel sure this is why so many handles were broken on earlier models. Have seen many who scrape the ground and wear out several covers in a season, it's their choice. We swing just clear of the ground and the only replacement ever was on an 18" Mono that flew away while slung over my shoulder on the bike.

nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 10:19 am

I just had a look at mine,,,,,,,,,,and I haven't used it yet. The locking mechanism that locks "the shaft adjustable length" parts together certainly isn't a brilliant bit of engineering. Mine clamps OK - (so far, but time will tell) - but when the clamp is in the "closed" or "clamped" position the coil shaft and the control box shaft can twist very easily about 20 degrees in relation to each other.

That will be a bit a of PIA when the coil ends up 20 degrees out of whack in relation to the control box. Not much that ML can do about that except re-engineer it as it seems to be "standard"????

I can see a mod coming up here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but will ML honour the warranty if I "pin" the shafts together? AND - there goes my adjustability in the event that I do "pin" it one position!! That means I can never loan it out to my wife or anyone else,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that pinning may be a good idea! cheers clown

"Gaffa Tape Adjustability" is just another name for Australian Ingenuity, maybe? Rolling Eyes
Wedgetail

http://www.australiangoldsafaris.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top