Gold Prospecting West Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GPZ7000 for sale
Exploration Licenses EmptyTue 17 Dec 2019, 3:33 pm by wandwaver

» GPZ 19” Coil For Sale
Exploration Licenses EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019, 5:24 am by Matrix

» gold mining site and gold bars to sell
Exploration Licenses EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 2:03 am by johngolden

» G'day everyone
Exploration Licenses EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018, 8:21 pm by Moneybox

» Kia Ora form Martin
Exploration Licenses EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018, 4:08 pm by oneday

Exploration Licenses EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 9:31 pm by Fluffy

» I need some help with detecting in WA
Exploration Licenses EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 11:15 am by Guest

» SDC2300 reluctant sale
Exploration Licenses EmptySat 26 May 2018, 9:21 am by goldfinger

» Gold & Ghosts - Volumes 1&2
Exploration Licenses EmptyTue 08 May 2018, 5:09 pm by nightjar

Pilbara Prospecting Supplies Karratha
Troy Oz Gold Safaris

Exploration Licenses

+4
nosralt
Wedgetail
oneday
mulgadansa
8 posters

Go down

Exploration Licenses Empty Exploration Licenses

Post by mulgadansa Mon 13 Apr 2015, 4:47 pm

Gday All
I know there are some of you out there who are familiar with DMP and applying for tenements, so I'd like some advice please. I haven't got a clue about this and am wondering what sort of dollars I'd be up for initially and then annually, for an EL of about 10 graticular blocks.
Is the application process simple? Hurdles like NTA etc and do they apply if you are applying for an expired EL that a company once held?
Any advice would be appreciated.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Exploration Licenses Empty Re: Exploration Licenses

Post by oneday Mon 13 Apr 2015, 5:59 pm

Hi Brett
There are lot of unanswered questions arise from someone elses E.
Not all the E if any would have NTA clearance, only the immediate areas in which they were drilling would have clearance.

u also have Shire rates to pay as well as lease rates plus the expenditure.
The expenditure is the easy one to bullshit about as do all mining companies.

The rates are hard cash payments.
u can now peg a E electronically unlike a P or M were u still have to nail the pegs in the ground with the paper work attached.

that's a start.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Mon 13 Apr 2015, 7:44 pm

Gday Ray
Yeh I was sorta around the NTA thing in that it probably involves ground disturbing activities and hence heritage surveys but I was more chasing a ball park $ for the initial outlay of applying for the block. The packing for the annual expenditure $'s is not an issue at the moment. Wouldn't be hard to get rid of that for one tenement I wouldn't think.
It's just i can't seem to get any joy out of the DMP site as to roughly how much this exercise would cost initially.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Mon 13 Apr 2015, 7:58 pm

this should do it Brett..
http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/documents/Mining_Tenement_Fees_and_Charges_01_07_2014.pdf

hope this is what u want.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Mon 13 Apr 2015, 8:11 pm

MD,

Try this link to the DMP Fees & Charges:

http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/documents/Mining_Tenement_Fees_and_Charges_01_07_2014.pdf

You'd be looking at a "Graticular Block" type EL, so read that bit.

Any tenement application has to go through the NT "system" - but it's a different way through depending on the type of tenement. This is gonna get complicated so get a brew on and a comfy chair. Bear in mind that Native Title and Aboriginal Heritage Clearance are two different things. Same family but different sexes!

First, if the EL that you want is in an area where there is either no Native Title (NT) claim or actual NT granted then your application will go through “Expedited Procedure” which is a fancy of saying,” quickly and no extra paperwork”. You can find out whether there is an NT claim or grant by using Tengraph or just phone and ask the DMP to check it for you. You’ll need to tell ‘em roughly the location of your intended EL, or PM me and I can walk you through that bit on Tengraph. It makes no difference at this stage that a company had the ground before you. It still has to go to the NT people to see if anything has changed by way of NT claims since last time it was pegged and granted. The DMP do all that “NT stuff” for you and all you do is sit & wait for nine months or thereabouts! If there are no NT grants, new NT claims, your EL application will sail through easily.

But the real problems start if we find that there is an NT claim or existing grant on the location of your EL. Brace yerself here! If there is NT, the EL application can still go through “Expedited Procedure” as long as you sign an Aboriginal Regional Standard Heritage Agreement (RSHA). By signing this you are committing yourself to agreeing to sit down and discuss pay rates, number of people and archaeologists that will do the Aboriginal Heritage Surveys (AHS) on your EL, should you wish to carry out any form of surface disturbance whatsoever. You can sign one of these and you just go ahead and detect, do soil sampling, rock chip sampling etc, all the simple stuff without getting any AHS done. But no scraping, dryblowing or surface disturbance of any kind. (PS it pays to have good mates in aboriginal circles at this point Wink ) Do that type of  earthmoving stuff without an AHS clearance and you’ll be in more trouble than Flash Gordon in a Saturday film show! Bulldoze a site when you didn't get a survey done and you can put your head between yer legs and kiss yer ass goodbye! Shocked

If you have NT as above on your EL location and you don’t agree to sign an RSHA the DMP will not process your EL application. It will go in the bin, you get your rent money back but they keep your application fee!! Bugger eh! Twisted Evil

If there is no NT claim or existing NT grant, you don’t have to sign the RSHA and the EL application goes ahead, through the “Expedited Procedure” – but it still takes 9 months! Rolling Eyes

BUT – if you get a trouble making NT claimant like the one I had recently, you could be in for some very interesting times! The rule is that if an RSHA has been signed by both the EL applicant and the NT claimant then a NT claimant or grantee does not have the right to stop the EL application going through “Expedited Procedure” (fast tracking). The NT party across my EL application area did just that. They signed it, I signed it and then they reneged on it!! The DMO was furious and that particular NT claimant is notorious for pulling such a stunt and then phoning up and asking for cash “ ,,,,,and I’ll fix it mate”! He picked the wrong guy! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

It wasn’t expensive (free!) to sort out and the National Native Title Tribunal (NNTT) are very helpful and unbiased as is the DMP in such situations, but be prepared for a long drawn out affair with some copying, scanning and form filling to do. I quite like the process but then again I do tend to go looking for a stoush if I know I’m in the right. cheers

I have a full flow chart of all the different scenarios on the NT/AHS thing. It was passed by the DMP for accuracy and it works. If you’re an APLA member, it’s free. Wink

Shire rates? What Ray says!

PM me if you need help or a Panadol!
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

http://www.australiangoldsafaris.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Tue 14 Apr 2015, 7:53 am

STRUTH, it’s good to see they’ve streamlined that process to something simple and quick  Crying or Very sad
Anyway, my take on the fee schedule is that the initial application (for a 10 graticular block EL) would be $2511.25, being made up of $1221.00 rent and an Application fee of $1290.25. Does that sound about right?
Cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Tue 14 Apr 2015, 9:10 am

almost right--u don't pay the rent to the shire until its approved.

u r only up for the application fee initially.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Tue 14 Apr 2015, 10:42 am

Ray,

Don't get confused between rent to the Mines Dept (DMP) and the local shire rates. The DMP rent has to be paid up front. The shire rates are only payable after the tenement is granted. Two different things with the latter one being a rip-off.

When making any tenement application of any sort whatsoever, both the DMP rent for the first year and the Application Fee are payable up front. If the app fails you get the rent back - but the DMP keeps the app fee!

I'm getting sick of paying out and there's a good chance my leases will be up for sale next year.

HTH
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by nosralt Tue 14 Apr 2015, 12:43 pm

And then when all thats done, you have the new PoW fees

http://dmp.wa.gov.au/documents/ENV-MEB-325.pdf

Les
Have you seen the new proposal for low impact works authorized activities.

http://dmp.wa.gov.au/documents/153592_Low_impact_Activites_Document.pdf

nosralt
nosralt

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Tue 14 Apr 2015, 1:10 pm

NSR,

Have I seen it? I can recite the damn thing off by heart! Smile

I've been doing all the meetings for APLA with the DMP Enviro Division about the whole issue of POW/MP fees for part of last year & this year. Latest I'm doing is more meetings, including another big one in Kal (which I may not be able to get to) as part of writing up the official APLA submission for the "Definitions of Low Impact" that will form the required amendments to the WA Mining Act.

APLA now has two lead guys on the job and a good team of small miners in Kal that are doing the input work for us and the badgering of the DMP. I'll be writing up the package to the DMP when we get the details in. APLA is desperately short of experienced people that know the Act and can argue the toss. We need more people 'cos the raft of changes coming down the pipe is starting to overwhelm APLA's resources.

I wish I got paid for it Rolling Eyes But in a weird way I think I enjoy doing this stuff as I sincerely believe that without APLA us small guys wouldn't get a look in. Not even detector operators. It'd end up like NSW, Queensland and Victoria which are all stuffed, closed off etc.
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbaragold Mon 20 Apr 2015, 8:09 pm

In the district that I have most of my leases it takes less than 2 months to have a lease granted, Prospecting and Exploration only, Mining Leases take a lot longer to go through the DMP.
There is a ILUA signed of and you do the NT after grant. Pain in the bum sometimes because you start paying rent and expenditure kicks in. Lucky there is a fair bit that is NT extinguish and on VCL.

Example 1 block EL applied for 8/11/13 granted 23/12/13
2 Prospecting Licences applied for 3/2/13 granted 13/3/13
pilbaragold
pilbaragold

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Mon 20 Apr 2015, 8:29 pm

pilbaragold wrote:In the district that I have most of my leases it takes less than 2 months to have a lease granted, Prospecting and Exploration only, Mining Leases take a lot longer to go through the DMP.
     There is a ILUA signed of and you do the NT after grant. Pain in the bum sometimes because you start paying rent and expenditure kicks in. Lucky there is a fair bit that is NT extinguish and on VCL.

Example   1 block EL  applied for 8/11/13   granted   23/12/13
             2 Prospecting Licences applied for  3/2/13   granted   13/3/13

Is that in WA? I've never heard of it all being done so quick and in that order?
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbaragold Mon 20 Apr 2015, 8:39 pm

PM sent
pilbaragold
pilbaragold

Back to top Go down

Post by 309mining Fri 04 Mar 2016, 3:38 pm

can anyone give me an idea of roughly what im in for on shire rates on a EL per block?

cheers
Tom

309mining

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Fri 04 Mar 2016, 5:08 pm

hi Tom
depends on the shire u r in --

port hedland shire dearest in the State
Meeka etc not to bad.

best bet call the shire office.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TKingGold Fri 04 Mar 2016, 5:44 pm

309mining wrote:can anyone give me an idea of roughly what im in for on shire rates on a EL per block?

cheers
Tom

My 20 block one is about $1100 from memory.

TKingGold

Back to top Go down

Post by goldtalk Sat 05 Mar 2016, 6:26 am

depends on the shire and the size....you can contact the shire and find out exactly.

goldtalk

Back to top Go down

Post by 309mining Tue 08 Mar 2016, 7:16 am

thanks guys normally I go for PLs but this area is a fair bit bigger so overall dollars per ha is a lot less with the EL option

309mining

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum