Gold Prospecting West Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GPZ7000 for sale
low & u tell me... EmptyTue 17 Dec 2019, 3:33 pm by wandwaver

» GPZ 19” Coil For Sale
low & u tell me... EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019, 5:24 am by Matrix

» gold mining site and gold bars to sell
low & u tell me... EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 2:03 am by johngolden

» G'day everyone
low & u tell me... EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018, 8:21 pm by Moneybox

» Kia Ora form Martin
low & u tell me... EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018, 4:08 pm by oneday

low & u tell me... EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 9:31 pm by Fluffy

» I need some help with detecting in WA
low & u tell me... EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 11:15 am by Guest

» SDC2300 reluctant sale
low & u tell me... EmptySat 26 May 2018, 9:21 am by goldfinger

» Gold & Ghosts - Volumes 1&2
low & u tell me... EmptyTue 08 May 2018, 5:09 pm by nightjar

Pilbara Prospecting Supplies Karratha
Troy Oz Gold Safaris

low & u tell me...

5 posters

Go down

low & u tell me... Empty low & u tell me...

Post by oneday Sun 24 May 2015, 3:44 pm

was watching the vid with Martin and jase.

If I was in that area swinging my 5K I would wear our a skid plate in a week to 14 days without too much effort and that's after rotating the plate around 90`

The first thing u have to do --in my humble opinion is to slow down to a crawl and knock a few rocks out of the way and scrape the ground--u cant get any lower.

u must remember that the last bloke has taken 90% of the easy gold and if they raked they would have picked up the last 9%.

when someone calls u over and gets u to check out a target do u notice that the majority of the time u have to slow down to a crawl swinging the coil over the target--normal swinging and u r out there with the fairies. I'm talking from a fair amount of experience coz of targets I missed and someone else picked them up.

even when martin changed over to a sadie coil --my advice is to use it as a mini bulldozer--and not just simply fly over the top of the terrain. If u swing as if theres no tomorrow then good luck.

If your machine is running a bit noisy maybe check your target volume and turn it back..with small to very small targets u need to hear the slight spike in the threshold, with all the background chatter u will have a hard time distinguishing them---try to dumb your machine down on a test piece buried down about 6". use your threshold to get a smooth hum.

if u use a coil as regular as going to the loo and never replaced a skid plate then I would hate to see how many targets u have walked over. Even using the 7K some targets are just audible as targets and when u start knocking the earth around they come to life.

I have sold about half a dozen 7K skid plates already and yet I know of some GPX users that have never ever replaced a skid plate. U r not after the resale value of the coil when u get rid of your gear--u r after the best advantage when it comes to using that detector and coil.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to suck eggs but merely helping u when u go to an area that has a heap of pot holes. U have to work your but out to find those elusive ones.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

low & u tell me... Empty Re: low & u tell me...

Post by davsgold Sun 24 May 2015, 5:15 pm

G'day Ray

I know what your saying, but in the video I believe they were pointing out that the 7000 could get the target above the rocks with out moving them and the 5000 couldn't. If in fact the rocks were scraped away the 5000 may have responded but that means the 7000 effectively can get the same targets about 3" higher/deeper than the 5000

I think the amount of nuggets jase is getting is clear the 7000 is doing a better job than the 5000

I don't know if a 2300 would have got the ones the 5000 didn't hear.

I used to wear out plenty of skid plates on the 4500 so I do know what your talking about, I just don't know yet if I will get wearing out skid plates on a 7000 is going to be better than keeping it a bit above the ground, time will tell.

cheers dave
davsgold
davsgold

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Sun 24 May 2015, 5:22 pm

I have pinged targets only after spending a bit of time investigating a ping--and that's by getting the coil on the ground.

the trouble with the skid plate on the 7k is that u can only rotate it once befor u have to replace it.

I will be getting some heavy duty skid plates for those that go through skid plates on their 7k.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfinger Sun 24 May 2015, 5:56 pm

hi ray, yep you have to go low and slow and i did. problem was the rocks and it would of took me a few weeks to move them all in hope of a target. in saying that i did spend half a day clearing an area then detecting, then clearing the next spot moving the rocks to the first cleared area then swinging again. after half a day and no gold i went back to slow swinging poking under the bushes, jase watched me like a hawk and reckoned i had the swing perfect and was getting the best out of the 5k as i could. he set it up and adjusted as necessary. Jase got 100 nuggets today and I think that says it all.
goldfinger
goldfinger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nightjar Sun 24 May 2015, 6:12 pm

To throw the spanner in the ring.
Have never worn out a skid plate, as a matter of fact removed the cover on the 18" mono when swinging the trusty SD2100. That machine with the mono pulled nuggets on ground where others swore there was no way gold could be found using a mono.
Now swinging the 4500, did try scrubbing, for about 1/2 hour, the interference from hitting rocks convinced me it would be a waste of time.
Many operators have blamed Minelab for below standard quality of handles on their SD, GP & GPX models. Would bet 99% those who snapped handles were scrubbers?
Not scrubbing and finding sub grammers so still very happy.
nightjar
nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Mon 25 May 2015, 6:55 am

i'll give u a dollar and I keep the gold peter.---i'll bring the 7K just to see what is or if anything is left there lurking trying to grow bigger.

now that's a deal u cant ignore. one patch at a time.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dozer Mon 25 May 2015, 9:20 am

I can't comment on a 7k but I do know that with a 2300, If you don't wear out skid plates you are missing gold. No ifs or buts.
We did some testing on an area that has produced many (50 + ) pieces of fly shit.
Both of us went over it with the coil just off the deck. Then we took turns going over it with the skid on the ground. 6 more specks of fly shit and a .8 at 5 inches.
Area is only 4*4 metres.
I will go back after rain and check it again.

Dozer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum