Gold Prospecting West Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GPZ7000 for sale
TOYOTA V8 CHIPPED-- EmptyTue 17 Dec 2019, 3:33 pm by wandwaver

» GPZ 19” Coil For Sale
TOYOTA V8 CHIPPED-- EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019, 5:24 am by Matrix

» gold mining site and gold bars to sell
TOYOTA V8 CHIPPED-- EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 2:03 am by johngolden

» G'day everyone
TOYOTA V8 CHIPPED-- EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018, 8:21 pm by Moneybox

» Kia Ora form Martin
TOYOTA V8 CHIPPED-- EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018, 4:08 pm by oneday

TOYOTA V8 CHIPPED-- EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 9:31 pm by Fluffy

» I need some help with detecting in WA
TOYOTA V8 CHIPPED-- EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 11:15 am by Guest

» SDC2300 reluctant sale
TOYOTA V8 CHIPPED-- EmptySat 26 May 2018, 9:21 am by goldfinger

» Gold & Ghosts - Volumes 1&2
TOYOTA V8 CHIPPED-- EmptyTue 08 May 2018, 5:09 pm by nightjar

Pilbara Prospecting Supplies Karratha
Troy Oz Gold Safaris

TOYOTA V8 CHIPPED--

5 posters

Go down

TOYOTA V8 CHIPPED-- Empty TOYOTA V8 CHIPPED--

Post by oneday Thu 26 Nov 2015, 2:47 pm

Have heard reports that the V8 crusiers are having problems with the clutch giving way due to the extra tourgue gained by chipping the motor..

so be warned that u will face a bill of about $2500 for a full replacement plus reface the flywheel.

most kits come with a spigot bearing and rear main oil seal but some don't.

the starter motor is also an ass of a job to replace on those V8's.

so if u have a 3" exhaust and u like the sound of a Mack truck then go easy on the juice.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

TOYOTA V8 CHIPPED-- Empty Re: TOYOTA V8 CHIPPED--

Post by Wedgetail Thu 26 Nov 2015, 2:54 pm

It's not unusual for Tojo transmssions to be a bit borderline and not much fat in 'em for extra weight or torque. They've been a weak point for years,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT why the hell dya wanna "chip" a V8 Cruiser motor anyway? Beggars belief that.

It won't help to carry anymore load as the chassis/ springs and brakes are now the limiting factors.

I abuse my truck regularly but it's a Nissan with all GQ gear in it,,,,,,,,,,,,and they never break Razz clown

(I often wish the brakes were better though. I wonder why,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,)
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

http://www.australiangoldsafaris.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Thu 26 Nov 2015, 3:05 pm

I saw an ex mine tojo v8 3 yrs ago that a mate had bought.
Salt water into the starter motor did the job, sitting right at the back of the V

Cost around $3grand, remove replace.
When you look at the plumbing around it... Geeez no wonder.

As to where the clowns placed the alternator??????

Then the tracking when on a rutted bush track (experienced that one myself)

Only one fuel filter, change when the dash light comes one.. WTF?
Nope... one of those is not for me.
Mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfinger Thu 26 Nov 2015, 3:36 pm

i think i will stick to my Pajero, easy to get to all the bolt on's, cost of non genuine parts are ok, never failed me out bush and one of the best off road vehicles available (yes im bias lol) and at half the price of a cruiser. just about all 4by's now a days need some modding if you want to get back home again so do diligent research b4 spending your hard earned dollars. I dont go for chips as your asking for trouble. gees you cant beat the older toyos or Pajeros, all electronic gismo's now.
goldfinger
goldfinger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Thu 26 Nov 2015, 3:57 pm

I bought. my Patrol as a "big end blown" body shell and had the Brunswick V8 put in it. (It turned out it wasn't a big end in the original Nissan 2.8 motor, but that's another story,,,)

The Chev V8 is a tight fit and I wouldn't want do any injector pipe swaps unless it the two pipes ot the front of the engine!Any other and it'd be an engine out job just to do an injector pipe! Same with exhaust gaskets. But other than that, I can do all my own servicing, only one electric wire on the motor - the fuel shut off, alternator can be changed in 20 mins, starter off in 30 mins, oil filter easy as, but the air filter is a nightmare.

But the best thing I ever did with it was fit an agglomerator, which is a fancy name for one of those simple water trap bowls that have a cheap as chips fuel filter underneath. That is fitted before the larger, genuine Nissan fuel filter with the "water warning float switch" in it. They are hellish expensive but with the "pre filter" fitted I've done over 100,000 kms and never looked like changing it. I've done about 3 of the primaries but at 9 bucks a pop that's cheap insurance and I can see any crap in the bowl before it does any damage.

Being an old hand truck mechanic helps I suppose.
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

http://www.australiangoldsafaris.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Koeh Fri 27 Nov 2015, 3:52 am

Wedgetail wrote:It's not unusual for Tojo transmssions to be a bit borderline and not much fat in 'em for extra weight or torque. They've been a weak point for years,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT why the hell dya wanna "chip" a V8 Cruiser motor anyway? Beggars belief that.

It won't help to carry anymore load as the chassis/ springs and brakes are now the limiting factors.

I abuse my truck regularly but it's a Nissan with all GQ gear in it,,,,,,,,,,,,and they never break Razz clown

(I often wish the brakes were better though. I wonder why,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,)

I agree with ya, why would you need to chip it,they will do 160kmh with a 1000L pod of diesel on the back piece of piss, more than enough power

Koeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down