Gold Prospecting West Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GPZ7000 for sale
New 14" coil - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Dec 2019, 3:33 pm by wandwaver

» GPZ 19” Coil For Sale
New 14" coil - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019, 5:24 am by Matrix

» gold mining site and gold bars to sell
New 14" coil - Page 3 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 2:03 am by johngolden

» G'day everyone
New 14" coil - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018, 8:21 pm by Moneybox

» Kia Ora form Martin
New 14" coil - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018, 4:08 pm by oneday

New 14" coil - Page 3 EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 9:31 pm by Fluffy

» I need some help with detecting in WA
New 14" coil - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 11:15 am by Guest

» SDC2300 reluctant sale
New 14" coil - Page 3 EmptySat 26 May 2018, 9:21 am by goldfinger

» Gold & Ghosts - Volumes 1&2
New 14" coil - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 May 2018, 5:09 pm by nightjar

Pilbara Prospecting Supplies Karratha
Troy Oz Gold Safaris

New 14" coil

+16
pilbarachad
309mining
cruiser1
topcat
Coiltek
k town swinger
Wedgetail
reefdog70
flyrock
Madmav
Twodogs
Ismael
goldfinger
mulgadansa
Banjo
oneday
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New 14" coil - Page 3 Empty Re: New 14" coil

Post by goldnomad Sun 28 Jun 2015, 7:06 am

oneday wrote:geez what can I say about the 14" Elite only to say that other companys are trying desperately to copy what Coiltek have produced..definetly a game changer for those with the GPX machines especially.

regards
oneday

Ray, you keep saying this but do you have any proof or is it just "sour grapes" on your part.

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Sun 28 Jun 2015, 8:25 am

no sour grapes here mate-Rohan doesn't sell directly to me for reasons only known to him-but i do sell NF coils, personally I don't give a rats so long as its an improvement and a desired step in the right direction. I never received a TRIAL coil for customers to try--go figure.

what do u call it Robert--catchup-- lol! lol!

when a company brings out a coil and someone else is trying to replicate the same size--spare me will u.

I will give credit were credit is due, NF seem to have a lifetime warrantee, a coil shits itself u simply send it back and they replace it or rectify it-not that I have seen any rectified coz its far cheaper to throw away a $50 coil than have someone try to fixit.

to manufacture a 17 x 13 coil is as good as a 13" coil wouldn't u agree--just a bit easier to whip around the spinny but the vast majority don't have spinny so why would u bother.

I would have thought a 9" round would be the way to go but how many coils can u swing...only one.

if u r patch finding then the 30 x 7 is a very good coil although a bit bulky, and then if u r lucky enough, then out with the 14" to clean up.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Sun 28 Jun 2015, 1:56 pm

Ray,

I have one of those "dark grey" NF 30 by 7 coils but I only ever used it once on a trolley looking for an extension to a patch we found on open, flat ground.

Other than that it's gathering dust. Do you reckon they're any good, other than being a rather large "sticky out" kinda coil? Have you had any reports on 'em?
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

http://www.australiangoldsafaris.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Sun 28 Jun 2015, 3:26 pm

I still have one and will keep it for when I get another 5k --u certainly cover the ground and if anything is lurking close to the top end --u will ping it.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldnomad Mon 29 Jun 2015, 6:52 am

oneday wrote:no sour grapes here mate-Rohan doesn't sell directly to me for reasons only known to him-but i do sell NF coils, personally I don't give a rats so long as its an improvement and a desired step in the right direction. I never received a TRIAL coil for customers to try--go figure. Did you ask Rohan for one?

what do u call it Robert--catchup-- lol! lol!No.

when a company brings out a coil and someone else is trying to replicate the same size--spare me will u. What makes you think Rohan is trying to replicate Trevor's work?

I will give credit were credit is due, NF seem to have a lifetime warrantee, a coil shits itself u simply send it back and they replace it or rectify it-not that I have seen any rectified coz its far cheaper to throw away a $50 coil than have someone try to fixit.Rohan is known for rectifying/replacing out-of-warranty coils. I know this from personal experience.

to manufacture a 17 x 13 coil is as good as a 13" coil wouldn't u agree No. technically it's equivalent to a 15" round.--just a bit easier to whip around the spinny but the vast majority don't have spinny so why would u bother. If there's no need to bother, why does Trevor make elliptical coils? I wonder if he has a new elliptical in the works?

I would have thought a 9" round would be the way to go but how many coils can u swing...only one.

if u r patch finding then the 30 x 7 is a very good coil although a bit bulky, and then if u r lucky enough, then out with the 14" to clean up.

regards
oneday

Since Minelab won't license their chip to anyone then Rohan and Trevor have to stay on top of their game to supply state-of-the-art coils to non-GPZ7000 machines.
I am looking forward to the comparison tests of the two new coils so we can gauge which is better.

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Mon 29 Jun 2015, 7:41 am

NO PROBLEM..

why should minelab licence their chip--theres a lot of prospectors out there who cant get there head around the 14" coil and still carry on about the weight factor.

I am not sure what a bigger coil will do anyhow..go deeper---good luck digging that hole.---then theres the cost factor, say $1650.00 yeah right.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldnomad Tue 30 Jun 2015, 5:16 am

oneday wrote:NO PROBLEM..

why should minelab licence their chip--theres a lot of prospectors out there who cant get there head around the 14" coil and still carry on about the weight factor. Too true Ray

I am not sure what a bigger coil will do anyhow..go deeper---good luck digging that hole.---then theres the cost factor, say $1650.00 yeah right. I think, having read posts on other forums, that will be more like $2600.00??? The bl##dy thing would weigh a tonne!

regards
oneday
goldnomad
goldnomad

Back to top Go down

Post by reefdog70 Tue 30 Jun 2015, 10:08 am

Have I missed something? Is there a new NF coil out?

I am still using the elite on my 5000. I have not taken it off for quite a while to give it a fair test.

I have been picking up gold with it, some very small pieces 0.10 to 0.20 grammers but nothing to brag about yet!
I did dig a nice bullet from 600mm in a creek bed and was happy with the depth but not the target!

The fact that it is picking up these small size targets is cool, but I own a sdc for that type of work. The sdc knocks this thing for 6 on small gold IMO. It is a very sensitive coil though.

I have noticed that if I auto tune the coil just off the ground ( like you are ground balancing )it runs way smoother and is not effected by emi as much. Right or wrong it is making a difference. This technique has turned some frustrating days around for me. It is still picking up these small bits doing this.

My only complaint is the nice sticker is coming off and it wont look good in any photos if I keep rubbing the top of the coil when finding my bits!

I am not going to go into the brand war. For the record I own both.

If there is a new NF coil I want one! If either of you guys can sort me an 11"mono for my sdc then I will be your best friend for life!

Cheers

reefdog70

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Sat 25 Jul 2015, 7:08 pm

target response may differ if u have it on INVERTED or Normal.

Regards
Oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flyrock Mon 27 Jul 2015, 8:19 pm

22gms in 9 days with elite coil - just great!

Thanks for the quick postage Ray.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
flyrock
flyrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3