Gold Prospecting West Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GPZ7000 for sale
newbie from ktown EmptyTue 17 Dec 2019, 3:33 pm by wandwaver

» GPZ 19” Coil For Sale
newbie from ktown EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019, 5:24 am by Matrix

» gold mining site and gold bars to sell
newbie from ktown EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 2:03 am by johngolden

» G'day everyone
newbie from ktown EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018, 8:21 pm by Moneybox

» Kia Ora form Martin
newbie from ktown EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018, 4:08 pm by oneday

newbie from ktown EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 9:31 pm by Fluffy

» I need some help with detecting in WA
newbie from ktown EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 11:15 am by Guest

» SDC2300 reluctant sale
newbie from ktown EmptySat 26 May 2018, 9:21 am by goldfinger

» Gold & Ghosts - Volumes 1&2
newbie from ktown EmptyTue 08 May 2018, 5:09 pm by nightjar

Pilbara Prospecting Supplies Karratha
Troy Oz Gold Safaris

newbie from ktown

4 posters

Go down

newbie from ktown Empty newbie from ktown

Post by Dane Wed 09 Sep 2015, 5:29 pm

Hi all,

Its a great read on this forum, seems like a lot of people are quiet seasoned at prospecting.

Me I'm only quiet new, only just used a detector for the first time last week.
I have panned and sluiced for gold before, but using a detector and finding areas to prospect over here in WA. Im finding quiet difficult.

Using and SDC 2300

Hopefully its still an active forum

Cheers Dane

Dane

Back to top Go down

newbie from ktown Empty Re: newbie from ktown

Post by oneday Wed 09 Sep 2015, 6:36 pm

hi and welcome Dane.

this is sure an active forum its just a lot of us are out bush most weekends trying to get the most of whats left of the so called cool weather.

but all good, I will be workshop bound for a few months now, so sat arvo sunday detecting from now on.

the sdc in my humble opinion is one of the most dynamic detectors on the current market and to back up what I say --just ask anyone who uses a sdc.

anyway have fun out there and enjoy.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dane Thu 10 Sep 2015, 6:11 pm

Hi oneday

I dont blame yous, its quiet addicting. looking forward to spending more time out there.

Saturday arvo and Sunday sounds like a good time to go!
We went midday to late arvo Saturday, and got roasted. Summer is defiantly coming.

Well thats good to know cheers, sounds like a good all round beginner detector.

Now its just learning what to listen for, when the detector goes off.

i no what nails and bullets sound like ahah

Dane

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Thu 10 Sep 2015, 6:59 pm

Dane it took us quite a long time to find gold with the SDC. We spent all our energy on trying to get it to run quietly so that we could hear the signal when we eventually got onto some gold. As it worked out we were trying for the impossible, this machine never shuts up.

Once we worked that out by getting advice from other users and seeing them operate it we realised that most actually use the thing on a high threshold setting above the chatter. If you operate on threshold setting three or four it horribly noisy but the noise is constant. That way you can hear the faint change in the threshold when you pass over a tiny piece of gold.

I hate modifying something new but we found with the wind out there I can't hear clear enough to detect these little differences. The muffs supplied will just blow your brains out if you do get a signal so we ended up with the cable adapter and a set of Sun Ray Gold earphones that are volume adjustable. However when I have the earphones on I usually run the threshold as low as it will go because I can't handle the noise for too long.

I can't tell you what sort of signal you'll get on a decent sized bit of gold but we've found it up to 0.5g and down to about 3", the signal was much softer than you'd normally get on a nail or a piece of lead.

When I get home in three months or so I'll be looking for a speaker I can mount above the control panel so that the sound is directed to the operator instead of the bloke in the next paddock.

Phil
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Thu 10 Sep 2015, 7:26 pm

any xternal speaker is designed to emit a sound so trying to minimise the noise so the bloke in the next paddock wont hear it will be a feat in divine intervention..

Personally I don't care who hears my machine going off initially, because, the speaker has a volume control and the booster has a by pass switch thus enabling u to keep it quiet.

if someone comes up to me and sees me digging and when I do find a target I simply tell them it is a lead bullet or a piece of steel and put it straight in my pocket rather than put it in my gold jar..bugger them--need to know--I don't think so..

there are a few photos on here about xternal speakers and their set ups.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dane Thu 10 Sep 2015, 7:56 pm

Moneybox thanks for the input, you are right. It never shuts up haha. You have kept the faith in the machine i was starting to doubt it.
All the scrap was making me question it.

Only trying to prospect at bernies patch, well i think i was there or close maybe haha.

I need to buy that book Karratha gold, to get some more info and help.

Cheers for the replies guys

Dane

Back to top Go down

Post by toadskin Tue 03 Nov 2015, 7:26 am

Hi Dane.  Great little detector the 2300.  We originally borrowed one from Ray for a day.  The wife took it out of the car, turned it on, walked 10 metres and picked up a 2 gram bit with it.  Little sub gram bits then followed fairly regularly during the day. We purchased one for her shortly after and she seems to find gold just about where ever we go in the Goldfields. They are pretty much fool proof.

She loves her 2300 and nicknamed it Dyson (the vacuum cleaner) and has found pieces up to 15 grams with it so far.

I'm sure you will do well with it up in the Pilbara.
toadskin
toadskin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down