Gold Prospecting West Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GPZ7000 for sale
dd vs mono. EmptyTue 17 Dec 2019, 3:33 pm by wandwaver

» GPZ 19” Coil For Sale
dd vs mono. EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019, 5:24 am by Matrix

» gold mining site and gold bars to sell
dd vs mono. EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 2:03 am by johngolden

» G'day everyone
dd vs mono. EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018, 8:21 pm by Moneybox

» Kia Ora form Martin
dd vs mono. EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018, 4:08 pm by oneday

dd vs mono. EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 9:31 pm by Fluffy

» I need some help with detecting in WA
dd vs mono. EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 11:15 am by Guest

» SDC2300 reluctant sale
dd vs mono. EmptySat 26 May 2018, 9:21 am by goldfinger

» Gold & Ghosts - Volumes 1&2
dd vs mono. EmptyTue 08 May 2018, 5:09 pm by nightjar

Pilbara Prospecting Supplies Karratha
Troy Oz Gold Safaris

dd vs mono.

5 posters

Go down

dd vs mono. Empty dd vs mono.

Post by wavehog Mon 04 Jan 2016, 10:21 pm

When I did the course with Goldtalk,Tony and Lisa took us to a test area that they had set up so you could have a play with your machines and different coils and settings etc .One of the most interesting things I got from it was the difference in running your machine in normal as against enhance etc .You lose a lot of depth when you go away from normal.Would you be better off running a new DD coil in normal than running a mono in enhance and winding back the gain to quieten it down so it ran ran steady ,you should be able to run the DD gain up about 13 as against 8 or 9 with the mono ,and running the machine in normal for the dd would give a big depth advantage .I was looking at some of the coils from detech and some of their DDs look pretty good and are getting a fair bit of use over east ,what are your thoughts.

wavehog

Back to top Go down

dd vs mono. Empty Re: dd vs mono.

Post by Moneybox Mon 04 Jan 2016, 10:49 pm

wavehog wrote:When I did the course with Goldtalk,Tony and Lisa took us to a test area that they had set up so you could have a play with your machines and different coils and settings etc .One of the most interesting things I got from it was the difference in running your machine in normal as against enhance etc .You lose a lot of depth when you go away from normal.Would you be better off running a new DD coil in normal than running a mono in enhance and winding back the gain to quieten it down so it ran ran steady ,you should be able to run the DD gain up about 13 as against 8 or 9 with the mono ,and running the machine in normal for the dd would give a big depth advantage .I was looking at some of the coils from detech and some of their DDs look pretty good and are getting a fair bit of use over east ,what are your thoughts.

Definitely works for me on the Garrett ATX. I can run the DD flat out and quiet as a mouse. The mono is always picking up the hotrocks and other noise. To get a good clear signal on the mono I have to reduce the sensitivity so I lose most of the depth in hot ground. I've found a lot more gold with the DD.
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Tue 05 Jan 2016, 5:32 am

Wavehog-- I would be just using the new Elite coils from Coiltek,

The 14" seems the most popular but has a bit of weight,

The 11" Elite is a nice all round coil if u like things nice and light.

Great depth, sensitivity and they do run a bit quieter.

As far as hot rocks go, well I don't know anyone having problems with them unless they have gold attached. Maybe if u r in a Magnetite or Manganese area then game on to see who can find the most but I would have thought that if u have a good rare earth magnet u will be able to lighten the load.

but befor u buy any coil --try the Elite coils with the new windings -- don't think u will go wrong.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldtalk Tue 05 Jan 2016, 7:07 am

G'day Wavehog...I can only give you my opinion and what works for us. In most situations on the goldfields I reckon runnning your 4500/5000 in normal will drive you nuts. Enhance/fine saw almost an end to hot rocks and ground noises that would suck up so much of your detecting day with older detectors. Having the machine running quiet was the power of these models. Detecting is a compromise and it's important to remember how much depth you will loose running in enhance/fine. It';s another reason why there is good alluvial gold left...remember some of the targets were a good size...fairly shallow and no response from the detector. We detect in enhance/fine all the time...BUT when your working a patch do not forget to run over it in normal.....or work it from day1 in normal. If your getting gold then you don't mind digging a few ground noises etc. I still prefer a mono because of signal response/sensitivity but there is still a place for DD's.Hope you got lots out of the course. cheers tony

goldtalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Tue 05 Jan 2016, 3:45 pm

Last time I did the course with Tony, we went to the test patch, I told him I had a hearing problem. He gave me some earplugs and now I hardly get any ground noise at all!

Works for me.
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

http://www.australiangoldsafaris.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down