Gold Prospecting West Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GPZ7000 for sale
ATX and its ability EmptyTue 17 Dec 2019, 3:33 pm by wandwaver

» GPZ 19” Coil For Sale
ATX and its ability EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019, 5:24 am by Matrix

» gold mining site and gold bars to sell
ATX and its ability EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 2:03 am by johngolden

» G'day everyone
ATX and its ability EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018, 8:21 pm by Moneybox

» Kia Ora form Martin
ATX and its ability EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018, 4:08 pm by oneday

ATX and its ability EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 9:31 pm by Fluffy

» I need some help with detecting in WA
ATX and its ability EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 11:15 am by Guest

» SDC2300 reluctant sale
ATX and its ability EmptySat 26 May 2018, 9:21 am by goldfinger

» Gold & Ghosts - Volumes 1&2
ATX and its ability EmptyTue 08 May 2018, 5:09 pm by nightjar

Pilbara Prospecting Supplies Karratha
Troy Oz Gold Safaris

ATX and its ability

+4
Moneybox
Nanjim
goldfinger
oneday
8 posters

Go down

ATX and its ability Empty ATX and its ability

Post by oneday Sat 28 Mar 2015, 2:27 pm

I have never red any reports about the Garret ATX working to find gold in the Pilbara

if anyone out there has had a bit of luck then let me know.

does anyone still own one or did u sell it and buy something else?

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

ATX and its ability Empty Re: ATX and its ability

Post by goldfinger Sat 28 Mar 2015, 2:31 pm

i know that Phil and Sandra (moneybox) have one and they have found a nice oz piece with it. dont know how much in total they have found. The ATX seems to have faded away from forums so one can only assume not much being found with it.
goldfinger
goldfinger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Sat 28 Mar 2015, 3:01 pm

good luck to them--forgot hes a stickler for the garret...

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanjim Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:20 am

oneday
We have an ATX haven't found any colour as yet....
Have found lots of other stuff...
When we find any colour with it we will post pic's ...

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Nanjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Thu 02 Apr 2015, 11:23 am

Yeah we have the ATX. On the Niagara trip we found 41g in 7 nuggets with the ATX and 3g with the White's GMT. We only got one as small as 0.3g so I thought I should get the SDC for the little ones. We went back to the same area this time to pick up everything we left behind with the ATX. The marks from our filled holes were still there. We managed a few nails and fine wire that we missed last time but no gold. All I got was a tiny spec in the new Garrett Supersleuth pan.

We stopped at the Ulooloo workings near Terowie in SA for another swing. Still no gold with either detector. After that we tried an old abandoned mine near Cobar in NSW. Picked up some junk but still no gold. Until the SDC turns up with something they can't be compared.

We did find a Qianlong Emperor coin from 17th century, an 1874 shilling and a 1908 threepence.
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by wavehog Fri 04 Sep 2015, 9:55 am

2 blokes that did the course with us at Goldtalk had Atx's,one had a 3500 and an atx ,both found gold after the course but not like what was being found with the 2300 and other newer minelabs. Seems the weight of the ATX was the biggest problem.

wavehog

Back to top Go down

Post by toadskin Mon 07 Sep 2015, 7:39 am

I have met maybe a dozen blokes now with the ATX, but not one of them have been happy with it.
toadskin
toadskin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Sun 13 Nov 2016, 7:32 pm

I road tested the ATX just before it came on the market. However, I wasn't given much time to really test it -  about 15 minutes in a spot in the hills not far from Perth. (yes there is gold that close to Perth!). All I really had time to do was look at the ergonomics of the machine and the portability of it with no external cables. I had no time to test it's ability to detect targets and depth thereof.

A year later I had a client with an ATX on tour with me. Everyone else had Minelab. During the tour in which the ATX found nothing but shallow rubbish, I witnessed the sad results first hand. Some comparisons were later carried out, but very simple ones, on a test bed east of Leonora. The ATX came a distant dismal last. It was very embarrasing for that client to witness his machine not hearing anything but ONE out of eight targets heard by ML 5000 and my own lemon of a 7000!! (I now have a second 7000 and it's pure cream to use compared to the heap of crap that was my first 7000   Twisted Evil )

But ATX result? Despite my earlier ATX recommendations based purely on ergonomics, I wouldn't have an ATX as a garden stake for my broad beans! The Minelab range of machine from an SDC, a 5000 and 7000 craps all over an ATX in each and very respect.

I lost a lot of personal skin going out on a limb for the ATX. I now deeply regret my involvement with it. Sorry folks, my mistake but we all make those Crying or Very sad

Best I can do at short notice!

W
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

http://www.australiangoldsafaris.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRock Tue 15 Nov 2016, 4:30 pm

Glad to see your back on the Z horse Wedgy. Musta been tough retrieving it from that tree. Laughing
I hope you find a few with it mate.
cheers
GoldRock
GoldRock

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Fri 18 Nov 2016, 8:03 am

"Retrieving from that tree"???? I didn't throw it in a tree, I just sold the bloody thing before I DID throw it in a tree!!!

This second 7000 is completely, utterly, different machine. No comparison with the old one. Although I'm still not a total convert to the exclusion of all other detectors such as the 5000 with a "flat wound" coil. I still have nagging doubts about the 5 ouncer that I found a few weeks back with the 7000. The signal was eminently "diggable" and I shoulda swung the 5000 over it before I dug, but I've had far more positive signals (thumps) than that 5 ouncer using lesser machines. It wasn't really that deep. My 7 ouncer at Duketon was deeper and the SD2000 went off like a cannon shot!

At that depth of this 5 ouncer, the 7000 should have "thumped" like my old SD used to, but it didn't. The noise was more like a really good wide ground noise.

There are far too many variables in detecting electronics for a layman like to understand why this would happen. All I know is - it did happen. But I still like the 7000 overall. At least I don't miss the "petrol money" nuggets with it. And in contrast to my first 7000, I trust this one.
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Fri 18 Nov 2016, 11:34 am

but what are your settings Les.

u should be in General Normal--high Yield Normal.

if too noisy then reduce the Sensitivy 9-13.

if u r in difficult and Auto Smoothing On --different ball game.

u need to tell us of the settings that u use coz we may be able to help u find a bit more gold--not that u need to find any more. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Mon 21 Nov 2016, 8:21 am

I'm not sure what my settings were at the time but I mostly use "Difficult, High Yeild".

It's too bloody hard to be changing settings every 15 minutes! That screen is impossible! Can't see a damn thing under that plastic cover! I have to take me headphones off, take me hat off, take me specs off, take the screen off and squint down over the top of it to see WTF I am with the settings.

I could be in the"Turn off all audio and hear SFA just to get some peace" setting!! for all I know Laughing
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Mon 21 Nov 2016, 2:15 pm

TROUBLE IS Les these machines are Manual not fully automatic.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Mon 21 Nov 2016, 4:56 pm

Yep, The trouble is that I do actually like THIS 7000. Can't say that about the other one though. What a HoS that was!

Can't have everything I suppose.

The new 19 coil seems to be controversial as well. Oh well, that's prospecting.
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum