Gold Prospecting West Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GPZ7000 for sale
gpz having problems.. EmptyTue 17 Dec 2019, 3:33 pm by wandwaver

» GPZ 19” Coil For Sale
gpz having problems.. EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019, 5:24 am by Matrix

» gold mining site and gold bars to sell
gpz having problems.. EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 2:03 am by johngolden

» G'day everyone
gpz having problems.. EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018, 8:21 pm by Moneybox

» Kia Ora form Martin
gpz having problems.. EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018, 4:08 pm by oneday

gpz having problems.. EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 9:31 pm by Fluffy

» I need some help with detecting in WA
gpz having problems.. EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 11:15 am by Guest

» SDC2300 reluctant sale
gpz having problems.. EmptySat 26 May 2018, 9:21 am by goldfinger

» Gold & Ghosts - Volumes 1&2
gpz having problems.. EmptyTue 08 May 2018, 5:09 pm by nightjar

Pilbara Prospecting Supplies Karratha
Troy Oz Gold Safaris

gpz having problems..

4 posters

Go down

gpz having problems.. Empty gpz having problems..

Post by oneday Sun 29 Mar 2015, 8:57 am

sold a machine this week and bugger me dead she didn't want to play the game--I'm sure the chinese have slipped one in to see how there clones would work--well this one doesnt want to speak to the WM nor does it want to NOISE cancel.

It comes on to cancel then immediately gives me the tick.

Even when we turn it off the screen doesn't go off completely ..u have to remove the battery.

This baby will be replaced with a new one from Minelab--no questions asked.

In the meantime they have got my machine to have a go this weekend. good luck.

all good.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

gpz having problems.. Empty Re: gpz having problems..

Post by Banjo Sun 29 Mar 2015, 9:08 am

Well for the money these detectors sell for i would think the quality control should match the price especially considering where some of these detectors are ending up in isolated area's, i read on one forum where a coil was playing up fresh out of the box, the guy's were out bush so this one guy cut his trip short to get it back to Minelab and said he had to pay the postage back to Minelab Shocked
Not sure if he has been reimbursed as yet but that's poor form.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Sun 29 Mar 2015, 9:51 am

some problems do get under the radar young fella--I remember u blowing a tyre coz u "didn't check it" which caused some damage to your vehicle and lucky u didn't have an accident and only last Wednesday I get a recall notice on a magna 380 that I owned some years back that has a defect problem..a Major car company recalled 300,000 vehicles for a brake problem, Minelab aren't immune from problems but they go out of their way to rectify the situation and every item is air freighted were possible back to the owner... more than what u get from any dealer on fleabay that deals in heavy items..

just goes to show if we do away with human intervention then we will all be prospecting.

Freight has always been a cost to the owner--have a look on fleabay--everything u buy there the owner pays freight on faulty goods...

in my situation I will pay the freight for the customer.

but I don't want to get into a slinging match with anyone--the lesson learned is to make sure u test your equipment prior to going on holidays. if in doubt then ask your seller.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twodogs Sun 29 Mar 2015, 12:14 pm

Did you try a little tap to the side with a knock-ometer? I've found not much can't be fixed with the tool of choice of every back yardy like myself Very Happy On a different note, that's not the bastard you sold me the other day is it, haha
Twodogs
Twodogs

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Sun 29 Mar 2015, 12:42 pm

nah mate --but funny enough it was its brother that was in the same box--buy a lotto ticket..

hopefully u have stuck it together and turned it on? working and talking to u? hit the noise cancel and see if it cycles through its 256 settings.

I don't believe in keeping problems a secret unless personal coz at the end of the day credibility is on the line.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Sun 29 Mar 2015, 1:06 pm

Ray,

This is no different to almost every other release from ML. I well remember the SD2000 when all the 18 inch bin lids failed. Then there was the 2100 debacle where a large batch of machines couldn't ground balance CT coils. Then there was the 2200s that wouldn't ground balance out of the box, mine went back and had the boards replaced. I was doing it for a living then and it hurt. My wifes 4500 failed within a fortnight. My 4500 failed a week later and we were 300 kms out of Meeka - a 600 km round trip that cost us a tank and half of fuel times FOUR TIMES!!!, there, back, there, back, there. back, there, back etc and bucks in postage for both machines. Ray - I gotta be frank here - Minelab's policy of "cost of returns" is pretty average.

It's not a real good track record but one that no longer surprises me.
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

http://www.australiangoldsafaris.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum