Gold Prospecting West Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GPZ7000 for sale
SDC--how good EmptyTue 17 Dec 2019, 3:33 pm by wandwaver

» GPZ 19” Coil For Sale
SDC--how good EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019, 5:24 am by Matrix

» gold mining site and gold bars to sell
SDC--how good EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 2:03 am by johngolden

» G'day everyone
SDC--how good EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018, 8:21 pm by Moneybox

» Kia Ora form Martin
SDC--how good EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018, 4:08 pm by oneday

SDC--how good EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 9:31 pm by Fluffy

» I need some help with detecting in WA
SDC--how good EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 11:15 am by Guest

» SDC2300 reluctant sale
SDC--how good EmptySat 26 May 2018, 9:21 am by goldfinger

» Gold & Ghosts - Volumes 1&2
SDC--how good EmptyTue 08 May 2018, 5:09 pm by nightjar

Pilbara Prospecting Supplies Karratha
Troy Oz Gold Safaris

SDC--how good

+2
Peaky
oneday
6 posters

Go down

SDC--how good Empty SDC--how good

Post by oneday Tue 18 Aug 2015, 5:17 pm

I keep getting asked by punters who come in looking for a detector , just how good are these machines?

well I haven't heard 1 bad report about the ability of the machine to find gold on land or on our salt lakes.

to confirm what I hear about the SDC, one has to only look for a second hand one---they rarely come up and if they did they r usually snapped up.

The SDC has an uncanny ability to find very small gold left behind by the GPX machines, they are a real no brainer when it comes to simplicity and its very user friendly.
Basically turn on and swing, but it does pay to read the manual which is all of a dozen pages.
if there is any sized gold down deeper the SDC will also nail it and let u know in no uncertain terms.

there are some more tips on how to enhance performance in the manual.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

SDC--how good Empty Re: SDC--how good

Post by Peaky Wed 19 Aug 2015, 7:49 am

Hi Ray

I have to agree with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxAhoEWIfgQ

Just need to have a look at what my son did with it

Great detector

Peaky

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Wed 19 Aug 2015, 1:35 pm

Certainly a good effort---just need to tell a few of Jacks mates and u can do tours.

maybe hook up a chain to really flog the patch.

well done

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky Wed 19 Aug 2015, 4:34 pm

Ray

We have done two trips there and have pulled over 200 bits each time

We think its growing there after we leave

After the first time we were there someone found the area and chained the crap out of it

I walked out into the middle of the chain marks in the middle of the patch with the SDC and pulled 9 bits in two meters

I can only think who ever chained it was using a bigger coil on a 5000 or didn't know what they were doing

Peaky

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Wed 19 Aug 2015, 5:36 pm

yeah Peaky
3 scenarios--

1) someone was in a hurry and swinging high, not wanting to damage the skid plate

2) gpx with a 18" coil and only hearing the bigger bits.

3) GPZ in difficult and sensitivity on say 8.--put it in Normal and a few other adjustments and look out.

4) certainly didn't have the Elite coil on or not listening to the deflection in the threshold.

but who cares so long as u do alright. Someone must have been watching your tracks.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Sat 22 Aug 2015, 2:44 pm

oneday wrote:I keep getting asked by punters who come in looking for a detector , just how good are these machines?

well I haven't heard 1 bad report about the ability of the machine to find gold on land or on our salt lakes.

to confirm what I hear about the SDC, one has to only look for a second hand one---they rarely come up and if they did they r usually snapped up.

The SDC has an uncanny ability to find very small gold left behind by the GPX machines, they are a real no brainer when it comes to simplicity and its very user friendly.
Basically turn on and swing, but it does pay to read the manual which is all of a dozen pages.
if there is any sized gold down deeper the SDC will also nail it and let u know in no uncertain terms.

regards
oneday

I can vouch honestly that the SDC2300 will also find gold gold that the GPZ 7000 misses. Done it three times now! That was the last straw for me and it tipped me over the edge to selling my ZED. Bought a 2300 with cash left over. There are many pros around Leo using a 2300 and nothing else and getting easy to hear gold at the rate of 5 to 7 grms a day. Some have even sold ZEDs that they bought earlier this year as I they reckon they find more with the less expensive 2300 and it's quicker & easier to pinpoint. It pays to know the depth of the ground in your area before deciding which to buy. Leo ain't that deep and there's LOT of smalls around here.

One guy has even sold his 5000 as well and now uses only the 2300.
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

http://www.australiangoldsafaris.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nightjar Sat 22 Aug 2015, 3:26 pm

Will be giving you a ring after summer passes Ray, a SDC2300 is definitely on the cards after seeing a demonstration recently.

nightjar
nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sat 22 Aug 2015, 4:43 pm

Wedgetail wrote:
oneday wrote:I keep getting asked by punters who come in looking for a detector , just how good are these machines?

regards
oneday

I can vouch honestly that the SDC2300 will also find gold gold that the GPZ 7000 misses. Done it three times now! That was the last straw for me and it tipped me over the edge to selling my ZED. Bought a 2300 with cash left over. There are many pros around Leo using a 2300 and nothing else and getting easy to hear gold at the rate of 5 to 7 grms a day. Some have even sold ZEDs that they bought earlier this year as I they reckon they find more with the less expensive 2300 and it's quicker & easier to pinpoint. It pays to know the depth of the ground in your area before deciding which to buy. Leo ain't that deep and there's LOT of smalls around here.

One guy has even sold his 5000 as well and now uses only the 2300.

Wow that surprises me quite a bit-the SDC is with out a doubt an awesome detector, but in my experience its not even in the same league as the Z. Ive only used an SDC my self for about 15 hours or so, but have gone head to head with one many times on a little patch a mate and i have been working and can honestly say the SDC hasnt picked up anything the Z couldnt hear, the Z has pinged many the SDC couldnt hear, generally stuff a bit deeper. As for pin pointing i have no idea why so many people find it so difficult with the Z, once you realise the most sensitive part of the coil is at about 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock- its really quite simple.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Sat 22 Aug 2015, 8:11 pm

PC,

The whole concept of the ZED vs the 2300 etc surprises me as well. There are so many conflicting views out there that it's difficult to come up with a definitive view.

Tonight I heard a good operator, a pro, went over a patch with a 2300 where a very experienced operator using a ZED stated it was done, dusted, finished, all over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and the 2300 picked up another 30 odd bits.

Confused? So am I!!

It may that new users with say only a few years experience can honestly say they like to ZED because they've never known little else. Whereas, the guys with longer years are saying the ZED is not worth the money based on economic returns. I dunno,,,,,I gave up weeks ago Rolling Eyes
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

http://www.australiangoldsafaris.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by reefdog70 Mon 24 Aug 2015, 2:00 pm

Well I am a big fan of the 2300. If I had to pick 1 detector to own, then this would be the one for me.

It packs up small, is simple to use and finds lots of gold!

I have a 5000 and my regular gold hunting buddy has a 2300 and 7000.

We continue to use and compare all these detectors against each other almost every trip. We continually get the 2300 out to pin point with, as its just way quicker and easier.

Sometimes each detector out performs the other. For example the other day I run the 5000 over some ground previously worked by the 2300. Dug a nice 2 g piece. My mate using the 7000 calls me over to a hole no more than 20m away where he had a target and was interested to see how the elite pin pointed. Well no signal heard! We couldn't believe it. Grabbed the 2300, the target howled pulled out a nice 1 g piece. Yes we checked all the settings on the 5000. Why did it not pick up this piece but found another in the same area 5 minutes earlier?

Things like this happen all the time. 3 different detectors, 3 different types of technology. Every day is different, ground, emi, wind, moisture, heat, operator and anything else you can think of!

Without getting too far off track each of these detectors does a damn good job at finding gold. They all have strengths and weaknesses.
As Wedgetail has already stated "know the depth of the ground in your area before deciding which detector" to buy / use. That is a key bit of advice! Thanks Wedge'y!

There are times when I could do with a larger coil on the 2300. But then that's what I have the 5000 for. If you got a big girl then the 2300 would be a great compliment too allow you to cover all bases. ( anyone would think I worked for Minelab or Ray! Not so!)

We use the 2300 for the majority of our detecting. Probably 80 : 20 Its a fantastic machine on small gold and especially specimen gold.

Do not underestimate the 2300. Its a great machine IMO!

Cheers

reefdog70

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down