Gold Prospecting West Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GPZ7000 for sale
aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics.. EmptyTue 17 Dec 2019, 3:33 pm by wandwaver

» GPZ 19” Coil For Sale
aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics.. EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019, 5:24 am by Matrix

» gold mining site and gold bars to sell
aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics.. EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 2:03 am by johngolden

» G'day everyone
aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics.. EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018, 8:21 pm by Moneybox

» Kia Ora form Martin
aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics.. EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018, 4:08 pm by oneday

aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics.. EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 9:31 pm by Fluffy

» I need some help with detecting in WA
aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics.. EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 11:15 am by Guest

» SDC2300 reluctant sale
aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics.. EmptySat 26 May 2018, 9:21 am by goldfinger

» Gold & Ghosts - Volumes 1&2
aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics.. EmptyTue 08 May 2018, 5:09 pm by nightjar

Pilbara Prospecting Supplies Karratha
Troy Oz Gold Safaris

aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics..

+2
Wedgetail
oneday
6 posters

Go down

aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics.. Empty aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics..

Post by oneday Sun 24 Jan 2016, 6:24 am

well this little story will give u the shits..in an envious way.

mate came to the workshop and wanted to buy a 7K--no big deal , had one in stock.

he wanted to trade his 5K in one it plus give me a few ozs of gold which I didn't mind. Sold his 5K the next day to a bloke who wants to also get out there and have a go.

So Saturday morning he rolls up and I set it up for him and tweak a few settings plus do the download of the puter onto the machine. all good.

Like most prospectors this bloke isn't the sharpest knife in the draw but he can fight so I thought i'd better set him straight with the machine. All said and done he takes the machine and head out bush with his young daughter and mongrel dog. What a combination.

Anyway I give him a ring about 7pm just to be sure but to no avail. One of those messages, can u ring back. No.
So I phone a friend to see if he has seen him and bugger me dead he get's phone reception so I have a chat and stuff me dead he says i'll send u a text message--gotta go. This wasn't sounding to good, so I start thinking maybe they are having there legs chewed off with the dingoes that are prolific out there, anything might be happening.

anyway a text message comes through with a photo.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

stuff me dead its a photo of a 12oz nugget he has managed to nail out the back of beyond.

oh what a feeling--stuff him --I'll make sure he goes back to work on Monday.

regards
oneday

Last edited by oneday on Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics.. Empty Re: aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics..

Post by Wedgetail Sun 24 Jan 2016, 10:07 am

Yeah - beginners luck. It'd give ya the shits eh,,,,,,,,,but good luck to him. But it galls a bit when ya pulling yer tripe out for a few grammes, year in 'n year out. I suppose I've had my share years ago,,,,,,,,,,,and the Gods don't play nice all the time. But that's prospecting!

Somehow, that piece doesn't look like "12 ounces" though??
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

http://www.australiangoldsafaris.com/

Back to top Go down

aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics.. Empty Re: aussie long weekend nugget.--more pics..

Post by goldfinger Sun 24 Jan 2016, 10:09 am

thats a beauty ray, bet your his best mate now lol
goldfinger
goldfinger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Sun 24 Jan 2016, 11:19 am

hes a mate anyway--have known him for a few years now and a mad detectorist--only trouble is he goes like a bat out of hell when hes swinging.

when I get it in my hot hands Les i'll wack it on the scales just for you and me..

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:17 pm

How deep?
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:34 pm

crow bar job after 300mm.

then after some deliberation and blisters they end up hitting the piece with the end of the crow bar as u do..

this area has been flogged over the years and even recently by anyone who can breath air and swing a detector.

will have to get another batch of 7K in stock.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Tue 26 Jan 2016, 11:27 am

Wedgetail wrote:Yeah - beginners luck. It'd give ya the shits eh,,,,,,,,,but good luck to him. But it galls a bit when ya pulling yer tripe out for a few grammes, year in 'n year out. I suppose I've had my share years ago,,,,,,,,,,,and the Gods don't play nice all the time. But that's prospecting!

Somehow, that piece doesn't look like "12 ounces" though??

UBTN had one of those smaller/miniature lighters with him for lighting the billy stove, we used it for a nugget shot one day for a stir, i'm over using 5 cent coins for size reference so going with the lighter now Laughing
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Tue 26 Jan 2016, 12:19 pm

If it's anything to do with UTBN, I don't wanna know,,,,,,,,,,, Rolling Eyes
Wedgetail
Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Wed 27 Jan 2016, 6:56 pm

had a bit of dirt knocked of it. U can see were the pick nailed it. I'll just smelt it down into a bar

as u can see it was in the vertical position and about 600mm down

compared with an old mobile phone.

thickness compared with a 10c piece..

if anyone is interested in buying it just PM me.

will take it down the shop for those interested from thursday onwards.

enjoy

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the speciman Wed 27 Jan 2016, 8:39 pm

now I know who found that nugget!!!!!
I recognise that red ,bic lighter the bugger borrowed it off me a coupla weeks ago out bush.
geez he owes me a beer now.

cheers the speciman

the speciman

Back to top Go down

Post by nightjar Thu 28 Jan 2016, 6:30 am

Photo next to phone, Penguin nugget, even has the eye.
No way would I melt that one Ray.
nightjar
nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by oneday Thu 28 Jan 2016, 9:59 am

its only a rock, I don't hold any sentimental value to it.

its up for grabs if u r interested.

regards
oneday
oneday
oneday
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down